On this page we have listed popular events with club members. All events below normally have a few runner’s from our club attending. You can also find some events on our Facebook page.
0 – 5k
New to running or want to get back in to it ? come and join one of our Couch to 5k groups, Click here for more details.
If you are looking for a 5k, we would recommend going to a local Parkrun. They are completely free and on every* Saturday morning at 9am. You will normally see another Harrier at one of the 5 listed below. (*check the event site for any cancellations)
5 – 10k
There are plenty of options for a 10k. See a few of them listed below.
- Godalming run (normally May)
- Weybridge 10k (14th June 2020)
- Guildford 10k (11th October 2020)
- Brighton 10k (19th April 2020)
- Kew Gardens 10k (12th September 2020)
- Bournemouth Supersonic 10k (3rd October 2020)
- Vitality 10,000 (25th May 2020)
10k – Half Marathon
There are not many races around that fill the gap between 10-21k (half marathon) One race in particular which often has the best attendance from Harriers is the Great South Run. In 2019 we had over 40 member’s running and if you stick around afterwards we go for food and drinks.
- Great South Run (18th October 2020)
Lots of scenic half marathons to choose from, Coastal, City, Trail and a few along the River Thames.
- Surrey Half (8th March 2020)
- Hampton Court Half (23rd February 2020)
- Richmond Half (13th September 2020)
- Bournemouth Half (4th October 2020)
- London Landmarks (29th March 2020)
- The Big Half (1st March 2020)
- Pilgrim Half (September)
Half Marathon – Marathon
Its hard to find a distance between Half and Full Marathon. The Cranleigh 15/21 give’s you the option to enter the 21 mile race and then chose to finish at 15 miles or carry on for another 6 mile loop.
- Cranleigh 15/21 (29th March 2020)
Below are some of the best marathons in the UK and races that are very popular with marathon runners of the club. A few city options, a coastal/city race and a local trail event.
- Brighton (19th April 2020)
- London (26th April 2020)
- Manchester (5th April 2020)
- Pilgrim (September)
- Liverpool (24th May 2020)
- Richmond (13th September 2020)
Maybe you have done a few marathons and looking for that next step/challenge or already taken that step and now looking to do another. An Ultra is any race that is over 26.2 miles, normally 50k, 50miles, 100k, 100miles or double marathon. Below we have listed them by event organiser as there are plenty of options including 1 day or multi day events.
- AAT-Events The Fox ultra (60k)
- Centurion SDW50/100, NDW50/100, Wendover woods 50, + others
- Threshold Race to the King/Castle/Stones/Tower
- XNRG Pilgrim/Druid’s/Devil’s Challenge
Other types of races/race organisers
Fancy something a bit different, maybe a relay, one in the dark or a race where the car chases you.
- Green belt relay (various distances)
- Hart 4 relay (4k laps)
- Wings for life world run (0-80k+ chased by a car)
- Elstead Marathon (about 5 miles with river crossing)
- AAT Events G3 series/Hard as snails/Fox relay
- Maverick Dark series (night race)