Sessions during Covid-19
Due to the Covid-19 situation the club's usual weekly sessions are affected. While in Tier 3 and below we are able to return to small group runs. There are several sessions offered each week by designated run leaders. You must prebook on sessions which are limited to a maximum of 6 including the run leader. You will find a link to the booking system on your monthly email newsletter or pinned to the top of the Facebook group. If you are a prospective new member wanting to come along for a taster session then please email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a session.
- Please use the booking system spreadsheet to put you name down for any upcoming club runs, hill sessions or sprint sessions.
- All groups will be organised and lead by either a LIRF trained leader or a member selected by the committee.
- Each group of 6 will meet at staggered start times (at least 15 mins apart)
- Starting locations may vary depending on leader’s decision.
- Please finish your run away from other groups.
- All information and guidelines are on the spreadsheet. Please read before putting your name down.
- This is a first come first served basis, so if there are no spaces please wait for another slot to become available.
Please do join us for two or three free taster runs to see see if the club is right for you before deciding whether to become a member.
Once we resume the normal weekly schedule, the best way to try us out is to join a social run. There will be several groups running at difference paces. To get the most out of a run you should be comfortable running at least 5 miles (8k) in an hour.
We meet at 7pm, either outside the Wilfrid Noyce Centre in Godalming (GU7 1HR) or at the Charterhouse Club reception (GU7 2RS). From April to September track sessions only begin at 7:15pm.
Between October 2018 and March 2019 we will meet at Charterhouse Club reception for drills and speed intervals on the track. The session includes a thorough warm-up and a leader on hand to help you get the most out of your efforts.
Free parking (after 6:30pm) is available both in Crown Court car park adjacent to the Wilfred Noyce Centre (GU7 1HR) and at Charterhouse Club.
We meet at 7pm at the Wilfred Noyce Centre (GU7 1HR) for a 4 to 6 mile run.
Depending on numbers we will split into several groups so you will be able to find a pace that is right for you. During the winter months we keep to the streets of Godalming and Farncombe, whilst in the summer we enjoy off-road running on the many trails in the area, including along the River Wey.
Free parking (after 6:30pm) is available in Crown Court car park adjacent to the Wilfred Noyce Centre (GU7 1HR), where there are toilets/changing facilities.
We meet at 9am for a long off-road run, typically 8 to 12 miles (or longer for those in marathon preparations!). Our starting point is Crown Court car park in Godalming, but may vary. Check the calendar here for more details.
Favourite routes include the River Wey, North Downs/Puttenham, Bramley/Downs Link or Milford/Hankley Common.
Free parking is available in Crown Court car park adjacent to the Wilfred Noyce Centre (GU7 1HR).